You are vistor #...
I am loving @ Sunday, December 18, 2005
i cant go ubin liao.
mum signed me up for something on 26th.
something to boost brain power.
something that's gonna take up 10 saturdays of next year.
something that costs $3000.


Pointless for me to argue.
I understand she has my best interests at heart.
If I were 16, i would have lashed out and thrown my worst tantrums and my dad will be molly-coddling us to cool down.
It just makes me wonder. I used to think they're stuck in the era where five cents can get them a bowl of fishball noodles. However, they're not as stringent about spending as i used to think.


In your twenties, you would have spent that amount of money on that LV handbag. For guys, perhaps that limited edition Tag Heur watch.

In your fifties, you would be spending on pap smear tests and mammograms. For guys, that health insurance that you should have gotten years back now that ur body is deteriorating.


So you see. It's all about different priorities in life. My parents chide us whenever money was spent on apparels. A $78 skirt is a big nono for them. But spending $200 on some pills that promise muscle development is worth every single cent to them. Not that they need to develop muscles now that they're approaching 60.

I understand that health is wealth. And I also understand that humans' purchasing preferences vary with age. And spending $3000 to boost your child's intellectual development is a must.

So i'm not going to curse my mum and hate her for disrupting my plans. Although, yes, I'm very very sorry for breaking the promise again. I really would have loved to go ubin with you all.

Other than apologising, well, I guess I can only say, have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

--------------------------------------------- a>----------------------------------------------------